Jan Dhan Yojana – Accident Insurance for Existing Account Holders
According to the latest update by Finance Minister, existing account holder in any bank can get accident insurance benefit under Jan Dhan Yojana. And most importantly there is no need to open new account under this scheme. So to get the benefits, person will have to get RuPay card under his existing account. After this they can avail accident insurance benefit under PMJDY. Also overdraft facility can also be availed. Read more about the benefits of PMJDY
Terms and Conditions
- Once RuPay card is issued then person must use the card within 45 days. Check out list of banks you can apply to open bank account under Jan Dhan Yojana
- Accident insurance of Rs.1,00,000 (1 Lac) will be given to the account holder
- RuPay card holder within the age group 18-70 years are eligible for accident insurance benefit
How to claim for accident insurance
Account holder needs to inform respective bank within 30 days of the accident to get the benefits
Life Insurance Coverage
- Rs.30,000 life insurance cover will be given only to one person per family on one card even if family has more than one account or card.
- Nominee will get Rs.30,000 claim provided necessary documents are submitted to the bank while opening the account. You can also open small account under PMJDY even if you don’t have valid documents.