Apps to Save Money on Medicines
Not many of us are aware of generic drugs and their benefits over prescription drugs. Generics or generic medicines contain same chemical ingredients and can be purchased by referring to their chemical name. These generics are very cheap as compared to branded drugs and yet provide health benefits/efficacy similar to prescribed drugs. And most of these generics do not have any big brand name associated with them.
Let’s take an example of the most commonly used medicine in India “Crocin” used as a painkiller and is available at over Rs. 10. However not many of us know that Crocin is a branded drug and it’s generic version is “Paracetamol” which is sold at just Rs. 2.50.
Although generic have not gained much popularity in India due to lack of awareness but still you can find cheapest medicines at Jan Aushadhi stores, Akunuri Medicals which are run in the public hospital’s premises. Moreover we normally do not ask our doctors to suggest cheaper alternative generic drugs. So it is the duty of consumer to ask their doctors about generic alternative for each and every medicine prescribed.
However not many of us are aware of mobile apps which are developed specifically to find generic alternative for prescription drug which can save good amount of money. As of now, following three apps are available:
- Healthkart Plus
- My Dawai
- Get Med
With such great apps which are cost effective and offers multiple uses, they are worth recommended and should used by every individual. And as technology evolves more and more app will come up in the market and give branded drugs a run for their money.
Benefits of these apps
- Finds cheaper alternative to branded prescribed drugs.
- Helps in comparing price of generic medicine along with prescription drug
- Side effects of both prescribed and generic drugs can be checked
- You can also order medicines at your home using these apps since they also show nearby drug stores where these medicines are available
- Saves money on health care cost
These apps work on iOS and Android based devices.
Buy Half Girlfriend @ Rs.149 from Chetan Bhagat
Chetan Bhagat India’s most loved writer is back with a bang after 3 years and this time with a urbane love story. His latest book in English “Half Girlfriend” is about relationships. We’ve seen similar kind of stories N number of times in our bollywood movies but what distinguishes this masterpiece from our bollywood movies is that the story highlights how English is turning out to be a new caste system in India. Check out how this relationship between the dreamer a Bihari boy and rich class delhiite girl ends in a very touching way.
This lovely book is available for pre-booking at flipkart at just Rs. 149. Original price was Rs. 176. The book is due for release in October 2014.
Check out this teaser of this book on Youtube:
The title of the book has become a talking point on twitter with lots of funny comments by the users. Interestingly bhojpuri movie writer has accused Chetan Bhagat of using story of his movie “Bihari Babu Vilayati Mem” in this book and character names being inspired from another bhojpuri movie ‘Saali Aadhi Gharwaali‘.
Latest funny story on Chetan Bhagat:
Recently during an promotional event of his book, Chetan Bhagat was seen mistakenly promoting the book “Tinkle” an evergreen comic instead of his own book which later turned out to be a publisher’s mistake which they later clarified.
Cheapest Dry Dog Food
Which food is best for your dog: dry or wet? Serving your pet dog needs informed decision making and dog owners should stay away from what their friends say, what they listen on advertisement commercial and others. Best foods for dogs should be chosen depending on age, weight and lifestyle. And should be tailored according the dog’s health condition.
Amazon offers best deals on dry dog food from the famous brands such as Taste of the Wild, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Diamond Pet Foods and Pedigree. All available under $50 and at reduced price.
Following cheapest dry dog food sold at Amazon offers overall health safety for your pet and gives them energy, nutrients, vitamins, minerals etc. required daily and improves immune system and most importantly tastes good. Dog foods are specially developed and involves nutritionist and/or veterinarian.
Benefits of Dry Dog Food
- They don’t get spoil and can be stored easily
- Very convenient for feeding your pet for an entire day. Just fill in a bowl and your pet can eat it when hungry
- Since storage is very easy, the food is safe from harmful insects
- Some dry dog foods also benefit your dog in keeping their tooth clean
It’s always advisable to consult your veterinarian regarding the nutrition required by your pet dog and then find cheap deals online.
Cheapest Hair Straightening Cream
One of the best temporary solution for making curly hair straight and smooth is application of hair straightening cream. And the process is quite simple, less time consuming as compared to permanent straightening done using straighteners.
However to straighten your hair, best cream should be chosen in order to avoid any adverse effect. There are many cheapest hair straightening creams available in India & US from famous brands which are of very high quality and protects from damage when used correctly. And amongst these, the low cost offer is available in India at flipkart.com and amazon.in at an affordable price.
Products sold in the local shops are little expensive as compared to the products sold online and most importantly buying online saves time and you can easily compare details of multiple products along with customer reviews.
Advantages of these low cost straightening creams
- They are water resistant because of which water will not wear off cream from your hair
- There is firmness in hair after the application
- Guards your tresses from damage
How to use hair straightener cream
- Before application, clean and wash your hair and dampen it
- Take small amount of the cream in your palm and then start applying from the root, dragging it till the strands. Make sure you don’t apply too much of cream which would result in greasy hair
- Start spreading the cream evenly by running your fingers through your hair
- For spreading in a better way, use bristled brush
- Next step is sectioning your hair using hair pins.
- Now blow dry your hair and by placing a round brush start at the bottom of your hair, start blow drying towards the tips of your hair
- Since the cream is heat activated frizzy and wavy hair will be removed and get you desired hair shape
Cheapest Hair Straightening Cream in US
People from USA can buy cheap hair straightening cream from amazon.com from brands such as L’oreal, Cutler and Garnier
Buy Cheapest Hair Straighteners in India
Hair straightener is a tool designed to make curly and wavy hair smooth and sleeky look. Finding low cost hair straighteners in India is very difficult as there are many companies manufacturing and selling this product such as Philips, Panasonic, Corioliss, Inalsa and many others.
However the brand “Nova” offers one of the cheapest hair straighteners in India as compared to others which are heavily priced and available at Rs. 800 and above. Nova’s price is the lowest and all hair straighteners are sold between the price range of Rs. 189-450 at Amazon India.
Amongst the many other features, few of the advantages of this cheap hair straightener are:
- In less than 5 minutes hair gets straightened since the tool heats up within minutes
- Damaging to the hair is prevented due to ceramic technology used in the slide and glide. Because of this, less friction is produced helping in hair to release from the unit without any damage.
- Temperature can be increased or decreased depending on your need
- The cord can be rotated in 360 degree
These products are delivered free of cost and cash on delivery option is also available.
Save Money on Acne Using Home Remedies
Acne is one of the most common skin disease and gives sufferers depression, headache, sleepless nights and many other problems as it makes your face look ugly. And especially these symptoms are more commonly seen in people during their adulthood due to hormonal changes. In fact, people across the world spend plenty of money on high end treatments for acne such as laser and light treatment, plastic surgery, dermabrasion and many others. If not this, people spend money on skin specialists who often prescribe expensive medications. Most importantly these expensive treatments never guarantee 100% positive results.
But have you ever tried finding cheapest medicines or considered low cost plastic surgery in India at Rs. 500 or using natural remedies for acne treatment which involves using castor oil and homemade mask prepared using yogurt and honey? If not then check out below tips to save money on acne using these natural cures.
Castor Oil – How to Use for Acne Cure
Castor oil is skin friendly as it gives beautiful and radiant skin and is considered one of the cheapest treatment for acne. Here the steps to follow for using castor oil for acne and scars:
- Take steam and let the skin pores open
- Now take small amount of castor oil and rub it on the areas with acne in clockwise motion
- Next step is wiping the skin with clean and warm wet towel and then letting it dry completely
- Wash the face with cold water so that pores on the skin shrink
- Then finally apply small amount of castor oil until you cleanse the skin next time
- Continuously following these steps for 3 weeks will prevent acne growth and remove existing acne and it’s scars
How to Prepare Homemade Mixture of Yogurt and Honey for Acne
Another treatment to save money on acne is using the mixture of yogurt and honey. Mix 2tbsp of plain yogurt and 1 tbsp of honey and add 1 and half tbsp of oatmeal which is cooked and cooled. The mixture is now ready to be applied on the face. But wait. Before applying this mixture, wash your face with warm water and clean with soft towel. Then apply this on your face and wait for 15-2o minutes until it become dry. And finally wash your face with warm water. This natural cure involving cheap ingredients can help in saving money on acne treatment.
How to Save Money on Heart Diseases
It’s rightly said – prevention is better than cure. And when it comes to preventing heart diseases which involves high treatment costs and expensive medications, the phrase is absolutely valid. People suffering from heart diseases face tough time in paying for the expensive treatment and sometimes have to sacrifice their life long savings even though they have health insurance to take care of. But despite of this, people are not willing to make life style changes which can keep heart diseases at bay which can save them money.
So what life style changes can help in preventing heart problems and directly save money on medications, supplements and surgeries:
- Physical Exercises: 30-45 minutes of exercises every day can prevent heart problems. Aerobic exercise, brisk walking, jogging, stretching, swimming, cycling should be a part of every person’s exercise regime. Although it is not possible to do all these exercises in a day, you can perform 2 exercises in a day.
- Diet Control: It is very critical for keeping cardiac health in control. As recommended by doctors, heart healthy diet reduces the risk of heart problems by nearly 70% as such diet keeps control on body weight, cholesterol, blood pressure and sugar levels which are the major cause for heart disease. So what types of food should be taken to prevent heart diseases:
- Healthy Fats: Almonds, walnuts, cashews are rich in nutrients and very inexpensive when compared to the costly medications for heart diseases. Due to the cholesterol lowering property, they are considered to be the most healthy fats for heart care. Soak almonds overnight in water and then take it in the morning before the breakfast.
- Fiber: Eating fiber rich foods make people eat less and keeps stomach full. As recommended by the doctors, men should take 38 grams and women 25 grams of fiber everyday. Fiber rich foods are apples, avocado, bananas, kiwi, orange and vegetables include mushrooms, spinach, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cabbage to name a few.
- Yoga: Yoga helps in reversing as well as prevent heart diseases as it reduces cholesterol, improves heart rate, blood circulation, relaxes the body, eases palpitations which are key to better heart health. 30 minute yoga everyday is sufficient for prevention of cardiac ailments.
- Quitting Smoking: According to research, smokers have highest chance of getting heart diseases and is the major cause of cardiac diseases and it also invites other health problems such as asthma, cancer and others.
- Generic medicines: Generics are available in the market which helps to lower the cholesterol and blood pressure. For e.g. the generic drug named “Atenolol” for blood pressure costs Rs. 7.00 whereas the branded drug “Aten” for the same costs Rs. 23.80. You can find whole list of generic drugs for cardiovascular diseases on http://janaushadhi.gov.in/list_of_medicines.html. Refer Sr. No. 261-302 on this Jan Aushadhi web page.
- Look for alternate medicines: If doctor prescribes you any medicine then always ask without any hesitation on other alternatives and then compare prices for each by visiting medicine shops. If these medicines are to be taken for a long period, then it’s worth to look for cheapest medicines which can save good amount of money. Also see cheapest heart surgery in India
How to Save Money Using Holy Basil/Tulsi
Tulsi called as Holy Basil in English has lot of therapeutic benefits and helps to cure many common ailments such as cold, cough and problems related to hair and skin. So let’s see how holy basil benefits health and helps you save money.
Tulsi for Hair Care
Holy basil is considered to be the best herb for hair problems such as:
- Itchy scalp
- Dry and dull hair
- Hair fall
How to Use Holy Basil
- Prepare homemade tulsi paste by mixing rose water or plain water with powdered form of tulsi. Wet your hair and then start applying the paste mildly in a circular motion on your hair. Let this paste stay on your hair for 30-45 minutes and then rinse and wash your hair thoroughly. Over a period of time, this will help in reducing dandruff and make your hair shiny and treat itching in scalp.
- Mix tulsi powder and coconut oil in equal quantity. By applying this mixture on your hair can reduce hair loss and dryness.
How it helps you save money
For above mentioned hair problems and many others, you can find numerous over the counter medications/hair care solutions such as branded shampoos/hair oil requiring you to shell out good amount of money, in addition to the doctor’s fee for recurring visit. And most importantly these solutions also cause harmful side effects. In addition to this doctors also recommend expensive hair treatments such as laser therapy which costs minimum $1000 or INR 40,000 to 50,000. But a consistent use of holy basil can help you cure these problems with no side effects due to it’s antiseptic properties.
Gillette Mach3 Blades – 4 Cartridges
Patanjali Kesh Kanti Hair Cleanser Shampoo
How to grow tulsi at home
Growing tulsi at home doesn’t occupy much space and by purchasing tulsi seeds online, people can grow it in their home. Holy basil are available for sale online and can be ordered at amazon, junglee, ebay and fabfurnish amongst few others at a very small price, less than $8/INR 500.