Digital Locker or DigiLocker which was started very recently is now implemented by government of Maharashtra. This facility is called: “Maha Digital Locker”.
Benefits of eLocker or DigiLocker
- No need to carry physical documents
- Less paper usage i.e. more environment friendly system
- Manual work of government agencies will be reduced increasing the efficiency
- Fraudulent activities such as producing fake marksheets, driving license will stop
- Loss of original documents will be prevented as everything is online
What Documents can be stored and formats applicable:
Once user is successfully registered, he/she can store following documents in a scanned format:
- All educational documents such as marksheets of SSC, HSSC, degree etc.
- Leaving certificates of school and college
- Marriage certificate
- Documents related to physical assets such as property,
- Driving license, passport, voter card
- Utility bills – water, electricity, telephone bills etc.
- Birth certificate
- Income tax payment receipts
- PAN card details and many more
- Image file types such as jpeg, jpg, png and gif
How to access elocker:
Interested user who has Aadhaar card is eligible to make use of Maha Digital Locker.
To get access, visit https://elocker.maharashtra.gov.in/Account/Login/CitizenLogin.aspx and register using your 12 digit Aadhaar number and 10 digit mobile number. Once you get an access to elocker, you can upload and save all the documents mentioned above and retrieve it whenever and wherever required since the whole facility is online and completely FREE. Checkout how to sign-up for digilocker introduced by central government.
Who can access these documents in eLocker:
Suppose you want to submit your 10th & 12th educational qualification documents while applying for a degree course or applying for a government job in Maharashtra. Then that particular college/company will be provided a dedicated link and a 2 way password through which they can check and verify all your educational credentials. This will benefit both the student and the college because manual work will be reduced, paper usage would reduce and student will not have to carry physical document thereby avoiding loss of these valuable documents.
Employers or other government agencies will also have to sign-up for Maha Digital Locker in order to get access to the candidate’s data and perform background check.
How secured is Maha DigiLocker:
It is 100% secured and confidential as all the documents are stored on government’s cloud server and only you and requesting authority will have an access to your documents. Moreover the login process is also very secured as everytime account holder needs to access the documents, he/she will receive one time password (OTP) on the registered mobile number. So only the account holder can access the documents.
Who is eligible to access eLocker:
As of now 10MB space is provided similar to central government’s DigiLocker.