Open Account in Jan Dhan Yojana with No Valid Documents
Valid Documents Required for Jan Dhan Yojana
To be eligible to open savings bank account under Prime Minister Jan Dhan Yojana and avail benefits, individual needs to have any one of the following documents:
- Indian Passport
- Driving License
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) card
- Voter ID card
- Aadhar card
- Ration card
- NREGA Job card
No Valid Documents, Still You Can Open Account called “Small Account”
Not everyone has valid documents required to open savings bank account under PMJDY especially people from rural areas. But still such individuals can open the account but with limited functionality. Such account under Jan Dhan Scheme is called “Small Account”. Check out how a banker convinces a poor family to open the account.
Documents Required for Small Account
- The only document required is self attested photograph along with signature or thumb impression
- However for all such individuals submission of address proof would be mandatory before 6 months are over after opening the account.
What benefits individual will not get: There are many benefits of PMJDY for individuals submitting all the valid documents required. However for those, who cannot submit the documents will:
- Not be provided cheque book
- Monthly maximum withdrawal limit would be Rs. 10,000
- Account would be active for only 1 year
Indian banks now offer cardless withdrawal facility. Check out more on this.
17Dec’14 update on PMJDY – To get benefits under Jan Dhan Yojana there is no need to open separate account.