Looking for Fake Salary Slip? Be Careful Before Generating
Google has become the most trusted destination for finding solution to any problem in the world. Thanks to their crawlers as they have indexed almost every online content on the planet and their sophisticated and secret algorithms can fetch most relevant answers (i.e. search results) to any query from its gigantic database/index.
And the technical advancements Google has implemented on their search engine are so powerful that it can reveal many important search terms/keywords searched by their users, its trend over time and most searched terms related to that specific term. And these search terms can help businesses or individuals to make business decisions, save time in typing and so on..
But sometimes these keywords can reveal the risks individuals take. And one such term is “fake salary slip”. If you type in this keyword in google search box (as shown in the image below) it displays list of related searches people have searched on Google. E.g. fake salary slip maker.
Another interesting trend for the search term “fake salary slip” in India over time (refer image below taken from Google trends for the period of Nov’2019 to Nov’20). Although the number of searches are less but one inference that can be made out of this term and the associated terms is that; users frequently search for the keyword “fake salary slip”.
Why “Fake Salary Slip” searches?
There could be two highly possible reasons why individuals search for this term:
- Employers do not provide pay slip so they are on lookout for fake salary slip maker websites or mobile app.
- Individuals earn less but want to get higher credit limit or loan amount from financial lenders.
Let’s understand these two reasons in detail.
(1) Employers do not provide pay slip: In India, financial institutions request salary slip as a document proof for credit cards personal loan, home loan, car loan, etc. from the loan applicants. And the basic objective in requesting this document is to evaluate the repayment capacity of the applicant in order to avoid the payment default which in turn affect the profits of the lending company.
However there are many companies in India who pay salary to their employees in the form of cash or cheque and do not provide salary slip (or pay slip).
When such employees apply for any type of finance, the pre-requisite is minimum 3 months salary slip. Due to non-availability of this document which acts as income proof; these users head to Google or other search engines and start looking for fake salary slip generators. So it is the fault of employers which forces individuals to make the mistake despite of earning good and having capacity to repay the money.
(2) Individuals earning less but want higher credit or increase the chance of approval: This is also one highly possible reason people search for forged salary slip. Suppose an individual earns INR 10,000 per month and is in need of personal loan of INR 5,00,000. And the income eligibility to get this loan amount is INR 20,000 per month. So such individuals turn to unethical practice of generating forged pay slip. And they end up doing this and apply for the loan.
One financial mistake can create an havoc and producing fake document can turn out to be a one such mistake. It is an invitation to risking your career and future financials when the individual gets caught. Here are the risks an individual may have to face:
- Job loss
- No access to any form of credit in the future
- Police complaint
- Problem in applying for passport
- Visa problem
- PAN card blacklist
- Legal trouble
Alternatives or Solutions
There are two solutions to overcome the problem of no salary slip.
(1) Individuals can produce following documents to prove the income:
- Offer Letter
- Monthly cheques – Always keep a photocopy or scanned copy of the cheques
- Bank statement showing income from the employer
- Income tax (IT) return
- Request official letter from the employer stating the salary
(2) Get credit card/financing against collaterals such as fixed deposit/LIC policy/shares and others).
Check out: 13 ways to get personal loan without salary account
Are Fake Salary Generators – App or Websites Good?
Websites/Mobile apps offering this product are doing their business. And it all depends on an individual and his/her objective in generating fake salary document. If anything bad happens then it will be the user who will suffer.
Hi, I am Nikesh Mehta owner and writer of this site.
I’m an analytics professional and also love writing on finance and related industry. I’ve done online course in Financial Markets and Investment Strategy from Indian School of Business.