25 Inspirational Quotes from Successful Women Leaders
Climbing to the top of your career or business is not easy. And for a women, it becomes more difficult as they have to deal with different obstacles making the road to leadership a real challenge.
In this article are the inspirational quotes from women entrepreneurs, models, activists, artists, writers, politicians and others who share their thoughts about success and power.
1. Personal philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes… the decisions we make are ultimately our responsibility. – Eleanor Roosevelt, former First Lady of the United States
2. Strategic leaders should not be lost in the operational and tactical part of their work. They have a duty to find time to shape the future. – Stephanie S. Mead, CMOE
3. If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and be more, then you are an excellent leader. – Dolly Parton, singer and songwriter.
4. As everyone knows, there are two types of stones… one of them rolls. – Amelia Earhart, Aviatrix
5. I never dreamed of success. I worked to get him. – Estée Lauder
6. Never doubt that a small group of committed citizens can change the world. In fact, only they can do it. – Margaret Mead, cultural anthropologist
7. We’re not interested in the possibilities of defeat; they simply don’t exist. Victoria, former queen of the United Kingdom
8. We treat our employees like royalty. If you honor and serve the people who work for you, they will honor you and serve you back. – Mary Kay Ash, Mary Kay
9. My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing your best right now puts you in the best position for the next one. – Oprah Winfrey, Media Owner
10. When one door of happiness closes, another opens. But often we see the door closed so much that we are not aware of the one that has opened for us. – Helen Keller, Author
11. Ninety percent of leadership is the ability to communicate something that people want. – Dianne Feinstein, U.S. Senator
12. To speak of leadership as a list of carefully defined qualities (such as strategic, analytical, and performance-oriented) is no longer viable. Today, true leadership derives from individuality, which is imperfect… Leaders must strive for authenticity rather than perfection. – Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook
13. Don’t wait for a leader to arrive; do it yourself, person by person. Be faithful to the little things, for in them lies your strength. – Mother Teresa
14. Many women live as if they were in a dress rehearsal. Ladies, the curtain is up and you are on the stage. – Mikki Taylor, Editor of Essence Magazine
15. I always did something I didn’t feel completely ready for. I think that’s how you grow up. When that ‘Wow’ moment comes, I’m not sure if I can do it’ and you get to transcend it, then you have a breakthrough. – Marissa Mayer, Yahoo CEO
16. Define success on your own terms, achieve it on your own terms, and live a life that makes you proud. Anne Sweeney, co-chair of Walt Disney
17. I work very hard to try to see the big picture and not get stuck in the ego. I think we’re all on this planet with one purpose, and every purpose is different… When you connect with love and compassion, everything is revealed to you. – Ellen DeGeneres, Comedian
18. More than our abilities, our decisions show who we really are. – JK Rowling, Author
19. If you really want to do something, if you believe in it… just go ahead, and success will come alone. – Cassandra Sanford, KellyMitchell Group
20. I’ve learned to risk doing new things. Growth and comfort cannot coexist. –Virginia Rometty, Executive Director of IBM.
21. I get up every morning and think, ‘How far can I push the company in the next 24 hours? – Leah Busque, founder of TaskRabbit.
22. Leadership is a series of behaviors, not a role for heroes. – Margaret Wheatley, Writer.
23. True leaders know that leadership is not about them, but about those they serve. It’s not about exalting themselves, it’s about lifting others up. – Sheri L. Dew, Author
24. I am infinitely fascinated by the fact that playing football is considered leadership training, but child-rearing is not. – Dee Dee Myers, former White House Press Secretary
25. My father had a simple test that helped me measure my own leadership coefficient: when you’re out of the office, ask yourself: can your team function well without you? – Martha Peak, AMA Magazines
Whether we forge our own path or follow in the footsteps of those who go forward, these ideas of innovative, exploratory and visionary women can motivate us to reach new heights… in business and in life.