Download Sukanya Samriddhi Account Opening Form
Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Account which has recently got tax exemption status on the union budget held on 28th February 2015 is a small savings account scheme launched for the welfare of the girl child. Read about the features of this scheme and secure your girl’s financial future.
Till writing of this article (05 March 2015) the account opening form for PMSSA was not available at any banks and neither they are opening the accounts. I personally visited one of the nationalized bank and got a response that they haven’t received any official update from the government yet.
However they are available at very few post offices and you can download the application form in English here. It is a two page form.
Although all the details in the form are self-explanatory. Still I have put all of these below for better understanding:
- Mention name of the post office
- Date of opening the a/c
- Type of account: Enter SSA
- Denomination: This is only for recurring deposit a/c. So leave this field blank.
- Amount of initial deposit in figures and words. At the time of opening the a/c, Rs.1000 is mandatory.
- Mode of initial deposit: Cash/Cheque/Demand Draft
- Depositor’s name: Name of girl child and guardian’s full name, residential address and date of birth of the girl. Depositor can also affix passport size photograph of the child, although it is not compulsory.
- Account will be operated by: Leave blank
- If account holder is a minor then foll. details of minor are required:
- Date of birth
- Date of majority: i.e. date on which minor will complete 18 years
- Applicant’s relationship with the minor: Mention father/mother or legal guardian
10. Mention No
11. Do not tick any option
12. (i and ii): Mention “Not applicable”
13. Mention “Not applicable”
14. Mention “Not applicable”
15. Name, signature and nationality of the parents/local guardian
16. Introduction:Mention “Not applicable”
17. Identification: i.e. the ID proof produced (Aadhar card, passport, driving license etc.).
For e.g. If you are producing Aadhar card as an ID proof then mention “UIDAI” under issuing authority and date of expiry as “Not applicable”
Get to know why having Aadhar card is now important.
18. Signature or thumb print (if applicant is illiterate) and telephone number, mobile number, E-mail ID
Here is the download link for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account opening form available at post offices across India. Also read about SSA account opening form available at banks. Once account is opened successfully, passbook will be issued which you need to carry everytime deposit is to be made.
So if parents invest Rs.10,000 in each financial year for 14 years, the maturity amount received would be Rs. 5,26,051 (considering 9.1% interest earned). And this income and return won’t be taxable. Check out interest rate calculation and how your money will grow every year and earn you Rs.5,26,051. Also see detailed chart showing difference between PPF and SSA.