Low or bad CIBIL score or credit score is a nightmare for individuals applying for any type of credit card or loan (home/auto/personal etc) as their chances of rejection is always high. The main reason the application gets denied is that for a lender, a person with poor credit score is more likely to default the payment in the future. Moreover he/she can turn out to be loss making asset for financial institutions. This is the reason why thorough background check is done by lenders and CIBIL score is checked for every applicants.
So how to get personal loan when you have low CIBIL score?
Personal loan can be used for any purpose. It’s your choice, how you want to use it. You can use it for marriage expenses, travel, buying household stuffs like refrigerator, washing machine and others. In order to get personal loan when you have a poor credit score you should meet most of the following eligibility criteria:
- If you had poor history of default/late payment but now if you have a good income with a repayment capacity then lenders can consider you as an exception and approve your application. For this you have to submit:
- Salary statement for the last 6 months.
- Income tax return for last 3 years.
- Last 6 months bank statement.
- Minimum age limit should be 18 years.
- You must have all the documents required (know your customer – KYC) – ID and address proof i.e. voters card, permanent account number (PAN), Aadhaar card, permanent driving license.
Once you meet all these requirements, your personal loan application will get approved in a day or within 7 days. This depends on each lender. If you are a low income earner, you can get personal loan from these lenders. The loan amount is normally in the range of Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 30, 00,000. Check out cheapest loan available at 11.99%.
Individuals with poor CIBIL score can also look for following ways to get personal loan:
- Get loan in the name of person with a good credit score. For e.g. if your wife has good score then get a loan on her name.
- Get loan against collateral i.e. FD, gold, shares, property etc.
- If nothing works out, borrowing is a good alternative.
Why personal loan is easy to get:
- No security required.
- No guarantor required.
- No need of bank account. Check this criteria withwhen applying.
- You can use it for anything.
But the only disadvantage is the higher interest rate charged by the banks which is justifiable because they do not ask for security or guarantor. Read about 4 scenarios when personal loan is recommended.
Reasons for bad CIBIL score?
We discussed above about poor/low credit score. But what factors impact your credit score? Listed below are the most common reasons for poor CIBIL score, which you may not be aware of:
- When you do not pay loan installments on time
- History of delayed credit card payments
- Applying for credit card or any type of loan multiple times and at various lenders
- Crossing credit limits multiple times
- Cheque bounce
- No credit score is also one of the reason for rejection of loan. This is because lender has no way to check the credit worthiness of the applicant. This on the other hand doesn’t mean, applicant will default. In such cases, financial institutions take each application differently.
Avoiding above can help in building credit score and make your chances of getting a loan/credit card very easily in the future.
Which banks in India offer personal loans?
Almost every bank in India offers personal loan because interest on it is high compared to other types of loans. Here’s the list of top lenders in India offering personal loans:
- State Bank of India
- ICICI Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Axis Bank
- Canara Bank and many others. Just search on internet and you will get the list.