SBI Mingle: Features, How to Use & Registration Steps
Technology advancements are.entering into every industry. And banking sector is considered to be the most effective implementer of latest technologies. Private banks have always been leading this space. And to keep pace with private sector banks, State Bank of India has lately been implementing various digital initiatives such as mVisa, Virtual Card, SBI Card mobile app and many others.
Latest to the list is SBI Mingle App, a social media banking platform. Through this platform, SBI customers can perform various banking services through SBIs official Facebook page (https://apps.facebook.com/sbionfacebook/.
SBI Mingle offers different features for FB and Twitter as follows:
- Account balance inquiry
- Generate mini statement
- Send funds from SBI account to another SBI account
- Send funds from SBI account to any other non-SBI account
- Beneficiary management – Add beneficiary,
Twitter: Using hashtags customers can avail following two services:
- Check account balance
- View mini statement
How to use this service?
The two most basic requirements SBI customers should have are:
- Facebook/Twitter account
- One time registration for this platform is must. They can register either through their account number or ATM/Debit card details.
How to register for SBI Mingle App through Facebook?
Using Debit Card:
- Visit https://www.facebook.com/ and login
- Search for SBI Mingle in the Facebook search box and click on Apps
- Click on it and then click on Use Now
- This will open SBI’s official facebook app page (https://apps.facebook.com/sbionfacebook/) as shown below
- Click on Register Now button
- Now you can register either using Debit card number and PIN or SBI account number as shown in the below image in order to start using this app.
- Once you enter the debit card details, click on Validate and enter password as per the requisite format i.e. numeric.
- Accept the terms and conditions and Submit. You will get successful registration message and you would be redirected to the login page. You will have to again login again to use the app.
- Password for Mingle app should be numeric and has to be used everytime you use the app
Using Account Number:
Other option for registration is using SBI account number. And here are the steps to register:
- Select Account Number from the dropdown.
- Following screen will be displayed asking you to enter few account details as shown in the below image:
- Enter the details and click Validate.
- You will receive OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Once you enter OTP, you will have to enter numeric password of your choice, accept terms and conditions and click on Submit
- You will get Successful Submission message and would be redirected to the login page
What are the other services bank going to add on these two platforms?
- Cheque book request
- Stop cheque
- Registration for mobile & internet banking, SMS alerts, block ATM/Debit cards. This card blocking facility will be of tremendous help to their customers in the event of lost or stolen cards.
Customer Care Details:
In case of any queries, customers can get in touch either through E-mail or Phone: [email protected] & 022-27592092
Considering to the fact that Facebook is the world’s widely used social media platform and after United States, India is the second country with highest active FB users. Making use of FB to create customer satisfaction is certainly going to help SBI. This will also reduce banking done traditionally.