6 Ways Indian Women Can Earn Money Working from Home
When a working woman leaves her job due to any reason then over a period of time frustration will start building up. Similarly a home maker who has not been to any kind of a job can feel upset of not contributing to her family monetarily. But there are many ways women to earn money in India working from home. Here’s what women can do to earn money from home:
- Cooking: Home cooked food is loved and always favoured compared to foods ordered from a hotel. So if you are good at cooking delicious food with highest quality then there are abundant opportunities waiting for you. Let’s consider city like Mumbai where office goers rely heavily on ordering foods from hotel for lunch/dinner and pay a minimum bill of Rs.150. But if you start providing home cooked meals by getting an order of any one company, then your order size will keep on increasing due to mouth publicity. So for an office with a employee strength of 200, if you start charging Rs.70 then monthly you can expect to earn Rs. 14,000 every month. This in turn will save money of the employees and increase your earnings.
- Freelance writing: It’s not necessary that 8 hour office job is the only way to earn money. If you have a knack of writing (mostly English) then you should choose freelance writing as a career option. You can contribute articles for a magazine, newspaper by sitting at your home. Many such avenues give an average of Rs. 200 per article. This figure will further increase depending on the quality of your writing, for whom you write and the industry. Ideally finance and healthcare industries will offer your more money.
- Make-up and beautician: Beauty parlor is considered to be the most liked business by a housewife. You don’t need a big space to start off with. In fact you can start doing it from your house itself. No need to invest money in buying space. Instead start from your house and grow your client list. Even if you charge minimum Rs. 200 per customer and you get on an average 3 people visit you every day. You can easily make Rs. 18, 000.
- Home based tuition: If you are well educated then you have better chance to spread your knowledge to others. And the best way to do is to run coaching classes from your home. These days in metro cities trainers ask for nearly Rs. 2, 000 per child. So a batch of 10 students can earn you Rs. 20, 000 straight away. In addition to this, your knowledge will also increase.
- Online survey job: Demand for online survey jobs has risen drastically in recent years. In such a job, user is required to provide input for the product or service assigned by the survey company. Quality input matters the most as based on responses of people, a company strategizes on developing future products by studying the trends. The most important advantage is that there is no investment required to fill the survey. For each survey you conduct you will be either offered money or reward points/coupons which can be redeemed on sites like Amazon, Walmart etc. Typical survey consists of a list of questionnaire which is filled in by the survey participants. In India companies such as OpinionWorld, Panel Place, Survey Compare run such surveys.
- Hobby Classes: Make money from your hobby. If you’re expert in arts, playing guitar then you can earn decent money. For e.g. by teaching guitar to an individual will earn you not less than Rs.1, 000 per month. Normally basic guitar training lasts for 6 months and you can provide training 4-5 times in a month. So in total you’ll earn Rs.6, 000 per person. So higher the number of students in your class, higher would be the earning.
This article has been written by Chandra Mehta.
Chandra is a seasoned banker with 20+ years of experience in banking and financial services industry. He’s a retired banker and has served as Chief Manager and Assistant Vice President in State Bank of India/or its subsidiaries.
He has authored many articles on this site (allonmoney.com).