RuPay Debit Card Offers by Banks, IRCTC & Others
RuPay is India’s own domestic payments system which has benefits to both the card issuing companies as well as the customers and it was launched in March 2012. Amongst the wide range of benefits offered, the important ones are:
- Lower charges on clearance and settlement as every transaction will be processed in India
- More secured customer data since all the details will be stored in India. Read in detail about the benefits.
As of now, Indians have relied on foreign operated payments systems such as Visa/MasterCard etc. and have been paying higher transaction charges to these foreign companies. Check out differences between RuPay and foreign card companies such as AmEx, Mastercard and others.
Offers on Using RuPay Debit Card
There are many banks/online players, offering exciting benefits to the RuPay debit card holders as follows:
HDFC RuPay Premium Debit Card Holders:
- Utility bill payment: When HDFC RuPay premium debit card holder pays any utility bill then the card holder gets Rs.5 as a cashback for every Rs.100 spent. However the monthly limit is Rs.50 per card.
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: Maximum Rs.75 fuel surcharge is waived off your RuPay card once per month when transaction of minimum Rs.300 is done. This offer is available at all petrol pumps across India.
- IRCTC Booking: Rs. 25 is offered once a month as cash back, when online ticket is booked on IRCTC website using the card, provided the transaction amount is minimum Rs.300.
- Insurance Coverage: Rs. 2,00,000 accident insurance cover or permanent disability insurance to the card holder when he/she meets with an accident during travell by either air/road/rail. The condition to avail the insurance is that the card must have been used the atleast once within 30 days of the accident.
IRCTC RuPay Prepaid Card:
On 24th March 2015, IRCTC in collaboration with Union Bank of India launched RuPay Pre-Paid Card exclusively for booking train tickets on IRCTC website. The most important benefit of this card is that the card holder will get Rs. One Lakh accident insurance coverage along with reward points on every transaction. Read more about IRCTC RuPay PrePaid Card
Kotak RuPay Card Offer:
Kotak bank offers accident insurance of Rs. 1 Lakh covering accidental death and total permanent disability provided the card has been used atleast once.
Offer by Paytm
Rs.20 cashback when Paytm wallet is loaded using the RuPay debit card. But this offer is valid until 31st March 2015 only.