Save Money on Electricity Bill – Refrigerator, AC, Geyser
We often end up spending more on stuffs or unknowingly waste money on utilities which could be controlled. However if you start saving money through following listed ways, it will surely guarantee in making you rich. Some of these options will help in saving you small amount of money or some will help in saving thousand of rupees in a year.
Let’s look at tips on how to save money on electricity bills:
Refrigerators, air conditioners, geysers are the amongst the most power consuming electrical appliances. However you are unknowingly burning money on using them incorrectly which is resulting in higher electricity bills. Let’s consider ways to save money on each of these one by one.
- Never keep refrigerator in a place where it doesn’t get sufficient air. Atleast keep it in a position where it gets sufficient air from atleast two sides.
- Also make sure there is no direct sunlight hitting the refrigerator. This results in refrigerator utilizing more power and hence more bill.
- Never overload fridge. Over crowded space result in insufficient circulation, leading to more energy consumption. Moreover, it will also cause food spoilage.
- Do not make defrosting a regular practice.
- Do not keep hard plastic sheet at the base of any object. For e.g. to keep refrigerator away from dust or spills, we often make use of plastic sheets or mats. However if the sheets are very thick, the fridge will consume more energy for cooling the product. So make use of very thin mat.
- Another pocket burner as it consumes highest energy, yet it cannot be avoided. However there are small tips which can help in saving money by reducing electricity bill due to AC.
- Do not let direct sunlight to directly fall on the outer part of the air conditioner.
- Regularly clean AC filters.
- When AC is switched ON, keep doors and windows closed.
- Many people use blankets or thick bedsheets to prevent themselves from cold temperature due to AC. Such people should switch the AC off for certain time and use fan. The room will continue to give a feeling of coolness. Another option is to set a timer.
- Another way to reduce electricity bill caused to heavy usage of air conditioner is to increase the temperature from 22 degree to 25 degree. Not everytime you will need cool temperature. This will save good amount of energy.
Health Tip: Remember that prolonged use of AC results in dry and flaky skin problem. This is because AC removes humidity from the room resulting in skin to loose moisture and making it dry. This cause itchiness. And in the long run, lack of skin elasticity due to moisture loss causes wrinkles, giving it an aging appearance. Skin problem is one of the health hazard AC poses besides fatigued body, breathing problems, joint issues such as arthritis, and intolerant to heat.
Interesting read: How to save money on medicines in India.
Water heater or Geyser:
- We often keep geysers ON until the bucket becomes full or till you bath if if taking shower bath. This results in higher energy consumption and also loss of water. If you have a habit of using bucket full of hot water, then switch the geyser OFF once the bucket is 60%-70% full. The hot water will continue to flow despite of it being OFF. This will definitely save electricity.
- There are also auto off feature geysers in the market whose main purpose is to automatically switch the appliance OFF when someone forgets to do it.
All the above listed tips will definitely help in decent amount of money every month. And the same can be invested to grow your wealth.