Jan Dhan Yojana: Account Opening Form, Documents Required
Jan Dhan Yojana Account Opening Form
PMJDY has become very successful as over 6 crore accounts have been opened so far. For those who haven’t opened the account can visit nearest banks both public or private sector and open the account to avail the benefits. The PMJDY account opening form is available in Hindi and English and is very simple and requires an applicant to fill following details along with one passport size coloured photograph which should not be older than 6 months. The photograph can also be captured by the banks system. Keeping these details handy can save lot of time.
1) Bank Details
- Branch Name
- Village/Town, Sub-District, District & State
2) Applicant Details
- Full Name
- Marital Status
- Father/Spouse Name
- Mother’s Name (Required for RuPay Card). Also see benefits of RuPay Card
- Address, Pin Code, Phone/Mobile Number: Mobile number gets linked to the core banking system of the bank
- Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Aadhar or EID Number and PAN Number
- MNREGA Job Card No.
- Annual Income
- Number of Dependants
- Assets: Whether you hold any house/farm
- Existing bank accounts in the family and nos.
- Whether you’re eligible for Kisan Card
3) Nominee Details
- Name of Nominee
- Date of birth in case nominee is minor
- Name of authorized person who’ll receive deposited money on behalf of nominee in case of applicant’s death
There are two places where applicant needs to sign or provide left/right thumb impression.
- If applicant already has Aadhar Card/Number then he/she does not any other document
- Other valid documents, in case Aadhar card is not available are – Voter ID Card, Driving Licence, PAN Card, Passport & NREGA Card. If any of these document contains your address then the same can be served as identity and address proof.
- If none of the above mentioned documents are available then banks will assess the risk and categorize the person accordingly. And those who fit will have to provide identity proof consisting of applicant’s photograph of any of these organizations – Central/State Government Departments, Statutory/Regulatory Authorities, Public Sector Undertakings, Scheduled Commercial Banks and Public Financial Institutions. Or letter by gazetted officer with attested photograph of the applicant. Such accounts where person does not have officially valid documents are called as small accounts
- If applicant has relocated to other address then self certification of current address would be needed.
Toll Free Numbers
Any queries related to PMJDY can be resolved by calling on official toll-free numbers 1800 11 0011 & 1800 180 1111. Read more about the PMJDY FAQ’s consisting of common queries faced by the people.
Also see interesting conversation how a banker convinces a poor family to open the account.