Use RuPay Card for eCommerce, Get Accident Cover, ATM, mPOS
Where can you use RuPay Debit Card
RuPay – a card payment system which got it’s name from two words Rupee and Payment is India’s answer to Mastercard and Visa which are the dominant payment system used worldwide over many years. See also differences between RuPay & Visa/MasterCard
Post it’s launch on 26 March 2012, this India’s smart card could be used only in RuPay enabled ATM’s. But now it can be used at following places:
- As of now, the card can be used only in India.
- Online transactions in over 10,000 eCommerce sites such as futurebazaar.com, watchkart.com, lenskart.com & others for buying products on their site. Important thing to note is that your ATM pin and RuPay pin for online purchase are same. Very soon RuPay card holders can use it in 85% of eCommerce sites in India. All the merchants using DirectPay online payment processing solutions. Read about making online purchase using RuPay card
- In 145270 ATM’s. Cash withdrawal limit varies as per the rule set by card issuing bank.
- Over 8,00,000 point of sale (PoS) terminals with shopping limit as set by banks.
Very soon IRCTC payments would be possible for booking the railway tickets.Latest news: On 24March2015, IRCTC RuPay Pre-Paid Debit card was launched for booking train tickets.
- Also in the pipeline is the mobile point of sale (mPOS) i.e. using smartphone as payment gateway. For e..g when you order anything at your doorstep, you can use RuPay debit card to make payments using smartphones enabled with mPOS application. Merchants such as local grocery stores, insurance companies and others can use mPOS. Integration of RuPay card is under process by the company – First Data, a merchant service provider. Also check various offers
- RuPay platinum debit card from Canara bank has multiple benefits such as – 5% cashback on utility bills, 1% cash back on fuel surcharge, 10% off on movie tickets and many others. However all these have certain monthly cap.
Checkout information on Virtual RuPay Card to be launched in 2015.
RuPay Debit Card & Accident Insurance Cover
Under the credit guarantee fund scheme which is expected to be launched on Independence day in 2014, every new customer will get a RuPay debit card with an in-built accident insurance cover of Rs 1 lakh.