Cheapest Kidney Transplant in India, Free & Low Cost
Cheapest Kidney Transplant in India
Kidney transplant also known as renal transplant is a surgery under which healthy kidney is placed in the body of the patient. Donors are typically family members or persons who have died. In India, nearly 6 lakh people require kidney transplant every year. The cost of kidney transplant in India at private hospitals is high and normally costs between 2-3 lakh because of which the treatment is not affordable by patients from low income group resulting in death of the patient which is slow and painful. However there are few hospitals which offer cheapest kidney transplant in India as compared to private hospitals.
- Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi: Started offering free kidney transplant. In October 2013 they operated on a patient suffering from end-stage kidney disease for free of cost. The hospitals offers selected medications free of cost especially to poor and needy people. You can contact the hospital at 011-26164186 (Nephrology Department)
- Tamilnad Kidney Research Foundation(TANKER Foundation): The foundation offers dialysis treatment at subsidized rates and also offers financial assistance to poor and needy people. You can contact them at +91-044-28341635 / +91-044-43090998. E-mail: [email protected] (Website – www.tankerfoundation.org)
- AIIMS, New Delhi: All India Institute of Medical Sciences also offers low cost kidney transplant which is less than Rs. 65, 000. You can reach AIIMS Nephrology department at 011-26593292 (9.30 AM to 5.00 PM). Click here for more details on kidney transplantation at AIIMS
- Gujarat Kidney Foundation: Cost is very low even than the one offered by government hospitals. They also offer special discounts for transplantation and donations to the poor patients. You can contact at 079 2665 2220. (Website – www.gujaratkidneyfoundation.com)
- Indira Gandhi Government General Hospital, Puducherry: Offers full fledged renal transplant at free of cost provided the patient and donor has first degree relationship. You can contact the hospital at +91-0413-2274552, 91-0413-2274552 / 2277545. (Website: www.igmcri.com)
Preventing is the best solution
Since treatment is still not feasible, doctors advice that preventing kidney disease is one of the best solution to avoid transplantation in the future. Control on diabetes and high blood cholesterol is the first and most important step in preventing kidney failure.